Credit: 9to5Google - Published 1 day ago With Project Stream in October, Google’s rumored work on a game streaming service was all but confirmed. At the Game Developers Conference today, Google Stadia was officially announced and will bring console-quality games to Chrome, Android, and TVs.
The beauty of a cloud gaming service is two-fold: 1) you can theoretically play any game, anywhere you’ve got a good enough internet connection to stream it over the net, and 2) even if you’re playing it on a wimpy smartphone, you can harness the power of a beefy server located in a data..
· *Google just announced a huge new gaming initiative: A Netflix-like video game streaming platform named Stadia.*
· *The service is intended to run high-resolution, blockbuster games on any device that runs Google's Chrome — from smartphones to computers to TVs and tablets.*
If you noticed a small flower growing out of your Google Pixel’s search bar on the home screen, that’s because Google is bringing its Google Doodles — animations on the Google logo for special events — to the Pixel’s home screen search box. It’s not the first time Google has experimented..
· *Google was fined $1.7 billion by the EU for its third breach of EU antitrust rules in as many years.*
· *European Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said the latest fine is for "illegal practices in search advertising brokering to cement its dominant market position."*
Google is widely expected to be handed a third antitrust fine in Europe this week, with reports suggesting the European Commission’s decision in its long-running investigation of AdSense could land later today. Right on cue the search giant has PRed another Android product tweak — which it bills..
Apple’s week of surprise product launches continues with the announcement of the second-generation AirPods, which will include a wireless charging case and a new H1 chip that the company claims offers improved battery life and “Hey, Siri” support to trigger the virtual assistant without..
The Daily Crunch is TechCrunch’s roundup of our biggest and most important stories. If you’d like to get this delivered to your inbox every day at around 9am Pacific, you can subscribe here. 1. Apple announces new AirPods The new AirPods are fitted with the H1 chip, which is meant to offer..
· *Buzzy software robots startup UiPath is in talks with investors about a major new funding round that could double its valuation from $3 billion to as much as $7 billion, sources told Business Insider.*
· *The round, which will likely close in early April, is led by..