Australia  

Celebrating 10 Years of Trusted News Discovery
One News Page
> >

Walkabout Resources opens rights issue to advance lithium and graphite assets

Proactive Investors Thursday, 4 January 2018
Walkabout Resources Ltd (ASX:WKT) has opened a rights issue with the aim of raising up to $6.7 million. The 1:3 renounceable pro rata entitlement offer at $0.10 per share is part of a $10.1 million capital raising program to support the company’s projects in Africa and Northern Ireland. The offer is partially underwritten by Patersons Securities Limited. Walkabout has sent a prospectus for the issue to shareholders who have until 17 January 2018 to accept the offer. READ: Walkabout Resources raising $10 million for projects in Africa and Northern Ireland The company has already secured $3.4 million from institutional and sophisticated investors through a share placement at $0.101 each. Lithium exploration program The new funding will help underwrite exploration of Walkabout's lithium prospects in Namibia. The company recently acquired two licences in the prospective Orange River Pegmatite Belt (ORPB) in in the Karas region of southern Namibia, including the Eureka Lithium Project. Recent mapping has highlighted the outcrop of more than 60 previously unmapped pegmatites on the properties that have not previously been exposed to modern exploration techniques for lithium. An exploration program is planned to start this month at Eureka. Option to acquire remaining 30% of Lindi Jumbo Walkabout holds 70% of the Lindi Jumbo Graphite Project in Tanzania and plans to use the funds to exercise an option to acquire the remaining 30% from the vendor for US$1 million. Funds will also be used to order equipment from China required to commence project development. Lindi Jumbo is awaiting the grant of a mining licence from the Tanzanian government. Northern Ireland portfolio The company has also acquired the entire Northern Ireland exploration portfolio of Lonmin PLC (LON:LMI). These licences are prospective for gold, base metals and other minerals, including lithium. Walkabout plans reconnaissance and follow up work on these licences.
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

Recent related news from verified sources

Blackham Resources has new substantial shareholder with MACA Ltd holding 12.45% stake

Blackham Resources Ltd (ASX:BLK) has a new substantial shareholder with MACA Ltd (ASX:MLD) now holding more than 386.4 million shares for a 12.45% stake. This...
Proactive Investors

Anson Resources will raise up to $3 million in SPP to support lithium carbonate tests

Anson Resources Ltd (ASX:ASN) invites eligible shareholders to participate in a share purchase plan (SPP) to raise up to $3 million to support production of...
Proactive Investors

Piedmont Lithium’s initial Central estimate lifts project resources to 19 million tonnes

Piedmont Lithium Ltd (ASX:PLL) (NASDAQ:PLL) has delivered an initial resource from the Central property which boosts overall resources at the Piedmont Lithium...
Proactive Investors

Galan Lithium confirms brines over 2.5 kilometres of strike at Candelas

Galan Lithium Limited (ASX:GLN) has identified brines over a strike extent of about 2.5 kilometres at the Candelas Lithium Brine Project in Hombre Muerto,...
Proactive Investors

You Might Like


Other recent news in Business

United miles behind as City and LIVERPOOL take title to the wireBlues AFLW skipper Davey joins COLLINGWOOD
Shorten tries to ease big BUSINESS concern
Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2019 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.