American troops killed in blast claimed by Islamic State
Wednesday, 16 January 2019 The Islamic State asserted responsibility on Wednesday for a suicide blast in the US-patrolled city of Manbij in Syria, the first such attack since President Donald Trump said American forces would withdraw from the country because the militant group has been largely defeated.
A bomb attack claimed by Islamic State killed U.S. troops in northern Syria on Wednesday, weeks after President Donald Trump said the group was defeated there and he would pull out all American forces. A U.S. official who declined to be named said four U.S. troops had been killed and three wounded in...
The United States will leave "a small peacekeeping group" of 200 American troops in Syria for a period of time after a U.S. pullout, the White House said, as President Donald Trump pulled back from a..
According to Reuters, the Islamic State appeared closer to defeat in its last enclave in eastern Syria on Wednesday, as a civilian convoy left the besieged area where U.S.-backed forces estimate a few..
(CNN)The commander of the US-backed and Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces is asking the US and its coalition partners to provide air support and keep up to 1,500 troops in Syria as part of an effort..
According to Reuters, The commander of U.S.-backed forces in Syria called on Monday for about 1,000 to 1,500 international forces to remain in Syria to help fight Islamic State and expressed hope that..
According to Reuters, President Donald Trump told Americans on Tuesday his administration had accelerated talks for a political settlement in Afghanistan, and would be able to reduce U.S. troops there..