Australia  

Celebrating 10 Years of Trusted News Discovery
One News Page
> > >

Mozambique death toll at 217 after cyclone: government minister

Reuters Thursday, 21 March 2019
The death toll after a powerful cyclone in Mozambique stood at 217 and around 15,000 people still needed to be rescued, the Minister of Land and Environment Celso Correia said on Thursday.
0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 
Credit: Rumble - Published < > Embed
News video: Mozambique Death Toll Rises to 242 After Cyclone

Mozambique Death Toll Rises to 242 After Cyclone 00:36

According to Reuters, the death toll has risen to 242 in Mozambique, after a cyclone ripped through southern Africa and triggered devastating floods that have killed hundreds of people and displaced hundreds of thousands. Earlier on Thursday Mozambique’s Minister of Land and Environment Celso...

Recent related videos from verified sources

Death toll in Congo boat accident rises to 40 [Video]Death toll in Congo boat accident rises to 40

More bodies have been discovered from a Congo boat accident earlier in the week, bringing the total death toll to at least 40, the country&apos;s interim minister told Reuters on Saturday. More..

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 00:46Published

Cyclone Idai's Death Toll Continues To Climb [Video]Cyclone Idai's Death Toll Continues To Climb

Officials say more than 1,000 people have been reported dead in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi since the cyclone made landfall last month.

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 00:41Published

Cyclone Idai's Death Toll Continues to Climb [Video]Cyclone Idai's Death Toll Continues to Climb

Officials say more than 1,000 people have been reported dead in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Malawi since the cyclone made landfall last month.

Credit: Newsy Studio     Duration: 00:41Published

Cholera Cases Spike in Cyclone-Ravaged Mozambique [Video]Cholera Cases Spike in Cyclone-Ravaged Mozambique

As of Friday, the number of cases had jumped to 139.

Credit: Newsy Studio     Duration: 01:10Published

Cholera Confirmed in Cyclone Ravaged Southern Africa [Video]Cholera Confirmed in Cyclone Ravaged Southern Africa

Health officials say at least five people have tested positive for the disease.

Credit: Newsy Studio     Duration: 00:56Published

Cholera confirmed among victims of Cyclone Idai [Video]Cholera confirmed among victims of Cyclone Idai

Dozens of fragile patients poured into a clinic in the wrecked Mozambican port city of Beira on Wednesday, as the government said it had confirmed the first cases of cholera in the wake of deadly..

Credit: Reuters Studio     Duration: 01:31Published

Mozambique braces for cholera after cyclone [Video]Mozambique braces for cholera after cyclone

Large crowds of people waited for treatment at medical centres in the central districts of the Mozambique city of Beira on Tuesday as government made preparations for a cholera outbreak that it says is..

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 01:56Published

Mozambicans wait for aid, 10 days after cyclone [Video]Mozambicans wait for aid, 10 days after cyclone

Villages in central Mozambique are still waiting to receive aid, ten days after Cyclone Idai hit. 128,000 people are now living in makeshift camps, and health officials say the spread of diseases like..

Credit: Reuters Studio     Duration: 01:54Published


Recent related news from verified sources

Sri Lanka death toll jumps to 359 as government investigates IS claims

The Sri Lankan Prime Minister said it was possible the perpetrators of the Easter Sunday attacks had links to IS, after the group claimed responsibility for the...
SBS Also reported by •Sify

Sri Lanka attacks: One suicide bomber studied in Australia, death toll rises to 359

The Sri Lankan Defence Minister says one of the perpetrators behind the Easter Sunday attacks studied in Australia and the UK.
SBS

You Might Like


Other recent news in Front Page

ANZAC DAY Dawn Service, Parade to close Brisbane streets'Anything but politics': ELECTION cuts no ice in Menzies' Mallee hometown
BHP denies Anzac pay threat for workers late from DAWN SERVICE'It really was insane': cinemas sell out as fans flock to see Avengers: ENDGAME
Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2019 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.