· *Better than expected market mood helped the Dow and the S&P end a four-day losing streak.*
· *Tech-related equities strong, keeping the Nasdaq close to record highs.*
Wall Street posted a nice.. FXstreet.com
Stocks rose Tuesday as investors turned from a currency crisis in Turkey to solid economic data and strong earnings. The dollar and Treasury yields extended gains.
Here's the scoreboard:
*Dow.. Business Insider
On Tuesday, President Tayyip Erdogan said Turkey will boycott electronic products from the United States. The sentiment is in retaliation for a dispute with Washington that has helped drive the lira to..
World share markets rebounded on Tuesday as Turkey's lira pulled out of a recent nosedive and reassuring data from Germany helped offset the latest wobbles in China's giant economy. Reuters India Also reported by •Reuters
According to National Bank of Canada analysts, the appreciation of the US dollar makes harder for USD borrowers to pay for its debt, particularly in Turkey and Argentina.
Wall Street stocks advanced and the S&P 500 was on track for its best day in three weeks on Tuesday as a rebound in the Turkish lira eased contagion fears and a string of healthy earnings boosted.. Reuters India Also reported by •Reuters
· *A relief from the Turkish crisis favored a correction in USD/MXN.*
· *The pair was about to end the day under 19.00, around the same level it closed on Friday.*
The improvement in risk.. FXstreet.com
U.S. stocks rose in a broad rally on Tuesday after four straight days of losses on a strong set of earnings from retailers and as bank stocks rebounded after the Turkish lira snapped a three-week.. Reuters Also reported by •Reuters India
· *The collapse of the Turkish lira and the strong dollar have hit emerging market currencies globally.*
· *If the trend continues, countries may start to have trouble paying back.. Business Insider
"We are witnessing a text book correction in USD/TRY following its parabolic move higher from around 5.00 level earlier this month to the all-time high of 7.2362 set on August 13," Rabobank analysts.. FXstreet.com
NEW YORK (AP) — The latest on developments in financial markets (all times local): 9:35 a.m. Stocks are broadly higher and recovering some of their recent losses as concerns about Turkey's financial.. SeattlePI.com
Worrisome declines in Turkey’s currency and the risk-off mood seems to have moderated, helping major US equity indices to snap multisession downfall.
The Turkish Lira recovered some of its.. FXstreet.com
· *WTI recovers above $68 on improved market sentiment.*
· *US Dollar Index struggles to stay in the positive territory.*
The USD/CAD pair came under a modest pressure in the last hour and.. FXstreet.com