This morning ocean springs high- school students - gathered in the schools - courtyard to take part in the - nationwide school walk out.
- news 25's caroline eaker has ou- report.
- - "we shouldn't have to live in fear enough is- enough."
One month since the massacre of- 17 people at marjory- stoneman douglas high school tw- ocean springs - seniors asked their peers to pu- down their pencils and pick - up a cause.
- wyatt miller-student- "several times a year you hear about a - shooting like this and yet- nothing is really ever done to- address that.
We just decidecd- that it was time for students t- take a stand and you know we ca- be advocates for- change here."
And this they believe this walk- out was the first step- - - - towards seeing that change.
- caroline wygul-student- "i cant imagine seeing my best friends die and - my family members die - exspecially in a place that is- supposed to be safe.
These- children- these children who experienced- these traumas are exactly like- us and that kind of - thing could happen to us and it- might happen to us if things- don't change."
- - - "we actually went into lockdown a week or two - after the shooting and that was- terrifying for all of us.
We ha- heard so much about the - parkland shooting we all- expected the worst and obviousl- it wasn't a shooting or anythin- but it just bread this culture- of fear at our school and that- is just something that we - - - - should not have to deal with."
During the 17 minute- demonstration in the schools- courtyard- each victims name wa- read followed by a moment of- silence.- nats- "i think it was a really good thing that we got - to honor them and get to say- that we remember that these are- people and not- statistics and we remember thei- lives and we understand the pai- that other people - had to go through because