Australia  

Celebrating 10 Years of Trusted News Discovery
One News Page
> >

Women Are Doing Valentine's Day Solo This Year

Video Credit: SWNS STUDIO - Duration: 01:36s - Published < > Embed
Women Are Doing Valentine's Day Solo This Year

Women Are Doing Valentine's Day Solo This Year

 One in four American women (23 percent) will be adopting an unconventional approach to Valentine's Day this year, according to new research.A new study examining the plans and approaches of 2,000 women when it comes to the season of romance found that women are celebrating their own way this Feb.

14, whether that be spending the evening with their partner or taking time for self-care.For a quarter of women, their ideal Valentine's Day includes an evening home alone, while 22 percent would like to spend the day with friends.Conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Summer's Eve®, a trusted leader in feminine care, the survey looked into how and with whom women are planning to spend Valentine's Day, as well as their thoughts in regard to the holiday.Results show that there are many ways to celebrate - while almost a quarter of women would prefer something unconventional, 45 percent want a traditional date night.Even then, women are taking an active role in the holiday; 49 percent want to make their own plans this year, rather than let a partner surprise them or arrange things.Of those spending it with a partner, 23 percent are deciding the day's schedule entirely and 15 percent are planning any sexual activities for the night.But a holiday focused on romance can bring expectations.Forty-three percent believe it's important to have sex on Valentine's Day and 29 percent are planning to try something new in the bedroom.There are limits to the romance though: 16 percent say getting proposed to is the tackiest thing that can happen on Valentine's Day - which raises to a quarter of older millennials.And 57 percent of respondents say the holiday itself is overrated.Even then, 52 percent think it's important to have a significant other on Valentine's Day and 56 percent report feeling pressure to have a date or be in a relationship for the holiday.And results show women are finding someone to spend the holiday with in some unconventional ways.Twenty-four percent of respondents have found someone in a bar or club for Valentine's Day, while 23 percent have found someone on a dating app.And a quarter of those surveyed have gone back to an ex to ensure they don't spend the holiday alone.Still, the survey found some mixed thoughts toward the idea of romance on the holiday: Three in 10 (29 percent) have had a relationship end - either broke up or been broken up with - on or directly before Valentine's Day.Of those, half of respondents (52 percent) ended the relationship to get out of buying gifts or making plans."Whether staying in, heading out with friends or having a date night, the most important thing is celebrating the way you want," said Jeanne Collins, VP for Women's Health at Prestige Consumer Healthcare.

"We love that women are doing Valentine's Day their way."Results revealed that women would like their Valentine's Day to include eating a romantic dinner (67 percent), having sex (49 percent) and being intimate (47 percent).This is in addition to receiving flowers (47 percent) and chocolates (43 percent).To prepare for Valentine's Day, women have bought new underwear or lingerie (51 percent), purchased feminine care and freshening products (25 percent) and stocked up on personal lube (22 percent).Women also report purchasing condoms (21 percent) and getting a wax (21 percent) before Valentine's Day.But regardless of how - or if - women are choosing to celebrate, 67 percent of respondents believe self-care is especially important around Valentine's Day.Collins said, "Self-care, especially feminine care, is important throughout the whole year, but Valentine's Day often serves as a catalyst for women to take a moment for themselves, which we love to see."

0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

Women Are Doing Valentine's Day Solo This Year

 One in four American women (23 percent) will be adopting an unconventional approach to Valentine's Day this year, according to new research.A new study examining the plans and approaches of 2,000 women when it comes to the season of romance found that women are celebrating their own way this Feb.

14, whether that be spending the evening with their partner or taking time for self-care.For a quarter of women, their ideal Valentine's Day includes an evening home alone, while 22 percent would like to spend the day with friends.Conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Summer's Eve®, a trusted leader in feminine care, the survey looked into how and with whom women are planning to spend Valentine's Day, as well as their thoughts in regard to the holiday.Results show that there are many ways to celebrate - while almost a quarter of women would prefer something unconventional, 45 percent want a traditional date night.Even then, women are taking an active role in the holiday; 49 percent want to make their own plans this year, rather than let a partner surprise them or arrange things.Of those spending it with a partner, 23 percent are deciding the day's schedule entirely and 15 percent are planning any sexual activities for the night.But a holiday focused on romance can bring expectations.Forty-three percent believe it's important to have sex on Valentine's Day and 29 percent are planning to try something new in the bedroom.There are limits to the romance though: 16 percent say getting proposed to is the tackiest thing that can happen on Valentine's Day - which raises to a quarter of older millennials.And 57 percent of respondents say the holiday itself is overrated.Even then, 52 percent think it's important to have a significant other on Valentine's Day and 56 percent report feeling pressure to have a date or be in a relationship for the holiday.And results show women are finding someone to spend the holiday with in some unconventional ways.Twenty-four percent of respondents have found someone in a bar or club for Valentine's Day, while 23 percent have found someone on a dating app.And a quarter of those surveyed have gone back to an ex to ensure they don't spend the holiday alone.Still, the survey found some mixed thoughts toward the idea of romance on the holiday: Three in 10 (29 percent) have had a relationship end - either broke up or been broken up with - on or directly before Valentine's Day.Of those, half of respondents (52 percent) ended the relationship to get out of buying gifts or making plans."Whether staying in, heading out with friends or having a date night, the most important thing is celebrating the way you want," said Jeanne Collins, VP for Women's Health at Prestige Consumer Healthcare.

"We love that women are doing Valentine's Day their way."Results revealed that women would like their Valentine's Day to include eating a romantic dinner (67 percent), having sex (49 percent) and being intimate (47 percent).This is in addition to receiving flowers (47 percent) and chocolates (43 percent).To prepare for Valentine's Day, women have bought new underwear or lingerie (51 percent), purchased feminine care and freshening products (25 percent) and stocked up on personal lube (22 percent).Women also report purchasing condoms (21 percent) and getting a wax (21 percent) before Valentine's Day.But regardless of how - or if - women are choosing to celebrate, 67 percent of respondents believe self-care is especially important around Valentine's Day.Collins said, "Self-care, especially feminine care, is important throughout the whole year, but Valentine's Day often serves as a catalyst for women to take a moment for themselves, which we love to see."



Recent related news from verified sources

NWAC Delegates Elect A New President with Vision to Lead and Grow the Organization

NWAC Delegates Elect A New President with Vision to Lead and Grow the Organization*OTTAWA, ON / ACCESSWIRE / September 14, 2019 / * Today, during its Annual General Assembly, the...
Accesswire - Published

Everton Women v Bristol City Women

BBC Local News: Bristol -- Live coverage of Sunday's Women's Super League game between Everton and...
BBC Local News - Published



You Might Like


Recent related videos from verified sources

Weesatche 4 Warriors Event [Video]Weesatche 4 Warriors Event

The event that supports our servicemen and women

Credit: KAVU-TV Victoria, TXPublished

Inkster proud in defeat [Video]Inkster proud in defeat

Juli Inkster accepted her first defeat as captain with dignity and insisted the Solheim Cup had been a great showcase for women's golf.

Credit: Sky Sports UK     Duration: 01:11Published

Environmentally friendly: One News Page is hosted on servers powered solely by renewable energy
© 2019 One News Page Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
About us  |  Contact us  |  Disclaimer  |  Press Room  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Content Accreditation
 RSS  |  News for my Website  |  Free news search widget  |  In the News  |  DMCA / Content Removal  |  Privacy & Data Protection Policy
How are we doing? FeedbackSend us your feedback  |   LIKE us on Facebook   FOLLOW us on Twitter  •  FOLLOW us on Pinterest
One News® is a registered trademark of One News Page Ltd.