A long-range rocket launched from the Gaza strip hit and destroyed a home north of Tel Aviv on Monday morning (March 25), Israeli authorities said.
Adding that six people had been wounded in the first such incident since a 2014 war in the Palestinian enclave.
The ambulance service in Mishmeret said an infant was among those rescued from the burning building.
The strike came minutes after residents in the agricultural town were woken by air raid sirens - the Israeli military's warning of what it says was rocket launched from the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip.
There was no immediate Palestinian confirmation or denial.
Israel said two rockets were launched at Tel Aviv on March 14.
It blamed Hamas Islamists, but a security official later said they had been set off by accident.
This latest alleged attack comes at a time of high tension before the anniversary of Gaza border protests and two weeks ahead of Israeli elections.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who's currently campaigning for a fifth term, has announced he will cut short his trip to Washington.
"This was a heinous attack," he said, promising a "strong response" from Israel.