Australia  

Trump To Announce Executive Action On Census Question

Video Credit: Wochit News - Duration: 00:45s - Published
Trump To Announce Executive Action On Census Question

Trump To Announce Executive Action On Census Question

According to CNN, on Thursday President Donald Trump will announce an executive action on a census question that has sparked debate.

White House officials say that Trump's action will directly address a citizenship question that was blocked by the Supreme Court in late June.

The Supreme Court's move prevents the question from being added to the 2020 census.

The Trump administration wants the census question to focus on asking participants about their citizenship status.

0
shares
ShareTweetSavePostSend
 

πŸ’‘ One News Page Knowledge: Other News Mentions

Donald Trump Donald Trump 45th president of the United States

Trump Justifies Wishing Ghislaine Maxwell Well [Video]

Trump Justifies Wishing Ghislaine Maxwell Well

President Donald Trump has revealed why he wished Ghislaine Maxwell well after she was arrested. Last month, when asked about Maxwell's arrest, Trump told reporters: 'I just wish her well, frankly.' According to CNN, it's because he says he doesn't want her to die in jail like her former boyfriend and alleged accomplice, Jeffrey Epstein. Trump made the remarks in an interview with "Axios on HBO" that aired Monday night.

Credit: Wochit News    Duration: 00:41Published
Trump: Voting By Mail Is Just Fine, If It's Done In A Red State [Video]

Trump: Voting By Mail Is Just Fine, If It's Done In A Red State

US President Donald Trump has recently begun laying the groundwork for casting doubt on election results. The doubt, he has argued, would be legitimate if counting mail-in ballots delays the declaration of a winner. But according to CNN, Trump on Tuesday made an apparent about-face on the issue--at least with respect to Florida. He claimed Florida's election system is 'safe and secure' and encouraged Floridians to vote by mail.

Credit: Wochit News    Duration: 00:38Published
Trump says Beirut explosion looks like 'attack' [Video]

Trump says Beirut explosion looks like 'attack'

President Donald Trump on Tuesday cast a massive explosion that killed dozens of people and wounded thousands in Lebanon's capital, Beirut, as a possible attack and offered U.S. help.

Credit: Reuters Studio    Duration: 01:05Published
WH Staffers Struggle To Justify Trump's Demand For 'Key Money' In TikTok Deal [Video]

WH Staffers Struggle To Justify Trump's Demand For 'Key Money' In TikTok Deal

The Trump administration was at a loss on Tuesday over the president's suggestion to shake down Microsoft in its proposed purchase of Chinese app TikTok. According to Gizmodo, the Trump administration has threatened to ban TikTok in the US, possibly by putting it on a Commerce Department blacklist. The threat is based on largely theoretical concerns that Beijing-based owner ByteDance could use it to spy on tens of millions of users.

Credit: Wochit News    Duration: 00:48Published
Neil Young Sues Donald Trump Campaign, 'Veep' Team on President Trump Axios Interview & More | THR News [Video]

Neil Young Sues Donald Trump Campaign, 'Veep' Team on President Trump Axios Interview & More | THR News

Neil Young is suing President Donald Trump's campaign, and the 'Veep' team weighs in on those President Trump Axios interview comparisons. These are the top new stories for August 4th.

Credit: The Hollywood Reporter    Duration: 02:14Published

White House White House Official residence and workplace of the President of the United States

U.S. to act on TikTok, other Chinese apps 'in coming days' -WH [Video]

U.S. to act on TikTok, other Chinese apps 'in coming days' -WH

The United States will take action in coming days on the popular short-video app TikTok and other Chinese apps, White House spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany told reporters at a briefing on Tuesday, but gave no other details.

Credit: Reuters Studio    Duration: 00:46Published

President Trump Says TikTok Will Shut Down by Sept. 15 Unless Deal's Made

President Trump's set a deadline for Microsoft -- or any other tech giant for that matter -- to buy TikTok's U.S. operations or he'll shut the app down for good...
TMZ.com
U.S. election will be Nov. 3 as planned -Meadows [Video]

U.S. election will be Nov. 3 as planned -Meadows

The White House and Donald Trump's campaign on Sunday sought to shut down the Republican president's musings on delaying the 2020 vote, saying there will be an election on Nov. 3.

Credit: Reuters Studio    Duration: 01:28Published
TikTok's owner offers to forego stake - sources [Video]

TikTok's owner offers to forego stake - sources

China's ByteDance has agreed to divest the U.S. operations of TikTok completely in a bid to save a deal with the White House, after President Donald Trump said on Friday he had decided to ban the popular short-video app, two people familiar with the matter said on Saturday. Ciara Lee reports

Credit: Reuters Studio    Duration: 01:21Published

Supreme Court of the United States Supreme Court of the United States Highest court in the United States

Ayodhya | New mosque, hospital, cultural centre: Trust plan for alternate plot [Video]

Ayodhya | New mosque, hospital, cultural centre: Trust plan for alternate plot

Amid the preparation for the ground-breaking for a new Ram temple in Ayodhya, what is the status of the plan to build a mosque at an alternate piece of land? Hindustan Times national political editor Sunetra Choudhury speaks to Athar Hussain, spokesperson of the trust constituted to oversee the construction of a new mosque. The Uttar Pradesh Sunni Waqf Board recently accepted the land allotted by the state government, in accordance with the judgment of the Supreme Court, delivered in November 2019. Hussain said that apart from a new mosque, the 5-acre plot is likely to house a 'state-of-the-art' medical facility and a centre highlighting the contributions of the Indo-Islamic culture. The Covid-19 pandemic has stalled progress on the plan, although virtual discussions are still going on, he says. When asked about the completion date of the mosque, Hussain says that unlike the decades-old Ram temple movement, the project for a new mosque was initiated in February this year, and so it may take longer than the temple in Ayodhya. Watch the full video for more.

Credit: HT Digital Content    Duration: 08:53Published
Iqbal Ansari accepts invitation to attend foundation stone laying ceremony of Ram Temple [Video]

Iqbal Ansari accepts invitation to attend foundation stone laying ceremony of Ram Temple

Ayodhya land dispute litigant Iqbal Ansari accepted the invitation to attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of Ram Temple. Iqbal Ansari said, "I believe it was Lord Ram's wish that I receive the first invitation. I accept it." Ansari is the son of Mohammad Hashim Ansari, one of the original litigants in the Ram Janmabhoomi case. Iqbal took the mantle after his father's death. Supreme Court ruled in favour of Ram Mandir to be built on the disputed site. Foundation stone laying ceremony of Ram Temple is on August 05.

Credit: ANI    Duration: 01:39Published
Ram temple | Drones, barriers, paintings: Ayodhya prepares for PM Modi visit [Video]

Ram temple | Drones, barriers, paintings: Ayodhya prepares for PM Modi visit

The temple town of Ayodhya is preparing with pomp for the foundation laying of the new Ram Mandir. Beautification work is being carried out along with improvement of basic civic facilities like roads. Walls are being painted with figures linked to Hindu god Ram, like Sita and Hanuman, and saffron banners and flags are being hoisted on roadsides and buildings at every few feet. Streets are being widened while police are setting up barricades at multiple spots and conducting drone surveillance ahead of the mega festival which will see Prime Minister Narendra Modi lay the temple's foundation stone. The number of attendees in the August 5 ceremony is expected to be limited to around 200 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The construction of the temple is about to begin 9 months after the Supreme Court decided a decades-long dispute between litigants demanding a Babri Masjid, and a Ram Mandir at the disputed spot. Watch the full video for more.

Credit: HT Digital Content    Duration: 04:51Published
Delhi riots | 'Want punishment for culprits, not innocents': Satyendar Jain [Video]

Delhi riots | 'Want punishment for culprits, not innocents': Satyendar Jain

Speaking on Delhi riots, Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain on Friday said that the culprits should be punished severely but at the same time there should not be any punishment or harassment of innocent people. Jain's statement came after Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal overturned AAP government's decision rejecting Delhi Police's panel of lawyers for arguing the cases related to the February riots in the city in the Supreme Court and the high court. LG Baijal has directed the home department to grant approval to Delhi Police's proposed panel of lawyers. "Investigation and prosecution are two different things. Prosecution is done by lawyers. It's not right to have lawyers suggested by police. We want punishment for all culprits. At the same time, no innocent should be punished," Jain said. Delhi cabinet had earlier rejected the panel of lawyers proposed by city police. Cabinet said it would not help a 'free-and-fair' trial of cases related to North East Delhi riots. Government said that LG Baijal has rejected cabinet decision by exercising special power under Article 239AA(4).

Credit: HT Digital Content    Duration: 02:27Published

You Might Like

Related news from verified sources

Trump to take executive action on census

US President Donald Trump is expected to announce executive action to add a citizenship question in...
SBS - Published Also reported by •The Age



Tweets about this


Related videos from verified sources

Judge Permanently Blocks Trump Admin From Including A Citizenship Question In 2020 Census [Video]

Judge Permanently Blocks Trump Admin From Including A Citizenship Question In 2020 Census

A judge has permanently blocked the Trump administration from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census, reports CNN.

Credit: Geo Beats     Duration: 00:38Published
Trump Mulling Dropping Commerce Secretary Ross After Citizenship Question Defeat: Report [Video]

Trump Mulling Dropping Commerce Secretary Ross After Citizenship Question Defeat: Report

President Trump is considering removing Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross according to White House aides. Veuer’s Justin Kircher has more.

Credit: Veuer     Duration: 00:49Published
Trump issues EO on determining citizen/non-citizen tally [Video]

Trump issues EO on determining citizen/non-citizen tally

President Donald Trump threw a fastball at the left Thursday by announcing that, instead of continuing to pursue plans to try and add a citizenship question to the U.S. Census -- plans that..

Credit: Rumble     Duration: 02:50Published