Icardi, Nainggolan not in Inter plans, says Conte
SHOWS: SINGAPORE (JULY 19, 2019) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL) 1.
(SOUNDBITE) (English) INTER MILAN MANAGER, ANTONIO CONTE, SAYING: "I like this player (Romelu Lukaku) and I consider him an important player for us to have a good improvement.
But, at the same time there is a market, a transfer market.
We know very well what our situation is in this moment.
We will see what will happen but now, for sure, Lukaku is a
WHITE FLASH 3.
(SOUNDBITE) (English) INTER MILAN MANAGER, ANTONIO CONTE, SAYING: "The club was very clear to tell that he (Icardi) is out of this project.
This is the reality, he is gone." STORY: Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi and midfielder Radja Nainggolan are not in his plans for the new season, coach Antonio Conte said on Friday (July 19).
Conte, tasked with reviving a team who have not won a major trophy for eight years, play Manchester United on Saturday (July 20) at Singapore's National Stadium in the International Champions Cup.
Argentine Icardi left the club's training camp in Switzerland last week, local media reported.
"The club was very clear to tell that he (Icardi) is out of this project.
This is the reality, he is gone," Conte said, adding that Nainggolan was also "out of the project".
Conte did not hide his desire to lure United striker Romelu Lukaku to Inter, adding that getting a new striker was imperative for the club.
He voiced frustration at Inter's management saying they were "a bit late" on the transfer market.
Among players signed are winger Valentino Lazaro from Hertha Berlin, midfielder Nicolo Barella from Cagliari and Uruguay defender Diego Godin from Atletico Madrid (Production: Yiming Woo, Lion Schellerer)