While speaking at the 45th session of the Human Rights Council, Baloch activist and President of Baloch Voice Association, Munir Mengal urged the UN working body on enforced disappearances to take appropriate actions to ensure stringent action against Pakistan for the safe recovery of Baloch missing persons. Mengal said, "My NGO brings the attention of this council and UN bodies for application of adopted mechanisms for the recovery of victims of enforced disappearances in Pakistan.The cases of Baloch Missing persons registered with UN working body on enforced disappearances yet the their family members have not heard any information neither from the Pakistani state nor from this august UN body. The situation has already worsen, I present some cases, just take the case of Rashid Hussain Brohi who was taken under detention by the UAE agencies having all the evidences and he was also documented by UN Working Group on Enforced Disappearances, who later on was handed over to Pakistan secretly and illegally." "In June 2019, Pakistani agencies and media claimed that Rashid Hussain is under custody of Pakistan. Since then no information about his fate and nor he has been presented to any court of justice. Similarly, Zahid Kurd Baloch, a student leader was whisked away by Pakistani uniformed security forces from Balochistan University in front of many witnesses on March 18, 2014 since then no information about him. On June 28, 2009, Dr Deen Mohd was taken from Government Hospital premises till date no information about him," the activist added. "The number of victims is in thousands which include Baloch political and human rights activists, students, females, kids, infants and the practice of disappearing is going on daily basis. The silence of judiciary and lack of interest from UN bodies has accelerated the culture of disappearing with impunity. Baloch kids have grown up in protest camps asking for recovery of their family members. Balochistan is facing a pandemic of impunity and abuse of rights. I urge UN Working Body on enforced disappearances to take appropriate and effective measure against Pakistan for safe recovery of Baloch missing persons," Munir Mengal further stated.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi questioned United Nations over his role in the fight against the global pandemic COVID-19. While addressing the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) PM Modi said, "Over the last 8 to 9 months, the whole world has been battling the pandemic of the Coronavirus. Where is the United Nations in this joint fight against the pandemic? Where is its effective response?""Reform in the responses, in the processes, and in the very character of the UN is the need of the hour. It is a fact that the faith and respect that the UN enjoys among the 1.3 billion people in India is unparalleled," PM Modi added.
A rights activist from Pakistan, Anila Gulzar has requested the United Nations to intervene and protect minority rights in Pakistan as they have been facing persecution foe the past seven decades. While making an intervention during the 45th Session of UN Human Rights Council in Geneva, Gulzar said, "Minorities are suffering for the past 73 years in Pakistan. I would like the world to know that a lot of Christians have left Pakistan due to fear of being persecuted by Blasphemy law. They are languishing in Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka."She said, "Every year 1000 minor Christian Hindu and Sikh girls are kidnapped and forcefully converted and married to their kidnappers". A 37 year old Christian man Asif Pervez refused to accept Islam and was arrested in 2013 under Blasphemy law has now sentenced to death. A 14 year old Hindu girl named Mehek Kumari was abducted on her way to school in Jacobabad and forcefully converted to Islam and married to her abductor. Gulzar added, "I request the United Nations Human Rights Council to intervene in this situation. Thousands of Pakistani minority refugees are languishing all over the world. At least they should be settled in Europe and Canada so that their nightmare can be over."
At the center of Yemen's capital Sanaa, a city battered by years of war and months of pandemic, a row of young girls in red, white and black white uniforms pummel punching bags and practice self defense.
Across Yemen, health, sanitation and nutrition services that keep millions from starvation and disease are gradually closing amid an acute funding shortage to deal with the world's largest humanitarian crisis. Joe Davies reports.
Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on September 26 informed that government is considering to start process of Haj 2021 application from October-November. "We are considering to start the process including application submission for Haj 2021 from October-November. We will wait for Saudi Arabia's guidelines and hope that the pilgrimage takes place," said Minority Affairs Minister.