Friday Night Football Nov. 8 Part I
This is waay 31 friday night football show.
Its round one of the playoffs... we have action across the board from 1a- 7a.
We begin tonight with our game of the week in scottsboro, the wildcats are hosting russellville in 5a action.
The scottsboro vs russellville game started with a bang, as fireworks lit up the pat trammell stadium tonight.
- a simple handoff from jacob manning to jarrett whitehead turns into a fleaflicker trick play that even caught the cameraman off guard, back to manning and he picks up enough yards for a wild cat first down!
- start of the second quarter manning tucks in the ball and rushes right into the endzone for a touchdown to put the wildcats up seven to zero.
- the golden tigers answer with a pass from jacob bishop to torey king, he catches the ball and runs past the wildcat defenders all the way down the field for a touchdown to tie up the game late into the 2nd quarter.
- the wildcats attempt to a field goal but are not able to make it leaving the teams tied at the half.
Socttsboro is able to make another field goal in the second half and beat russellville seventeen to fourteen.
Now we go to madison city stadium in a 7a playoff match- up between the 7-3 vestavia hill rebels and the 8-2 james clemens jets.
Much excitement and in the second quarter thanks to a blocked punt the jets take over possession and on the very first play its number 1 dylan blackburn who runs up the middle and ties the game at 7 for the jets.
On the rebels kickoff it is number 37 joseph merrill who bursts out with the ball and goes all the way to the 30 yard line to put the rebels in field position few plays later number 17 james sawyer throws a dime and number 5 brantley watts leaps up and bring it down for a rebel touchdown that gives the rebels a 14-7 lead late in the second quarter.
With only few minutes left in the second quarter it is number 9 connor cantrell whose pass is tipped but is caught by number 8 chris hope to move the yardage for the jets and score before halftime.
The jets went for a field goal at the finals seconds of the second quarter to only come up short.
But the jets win the game in dramatic fashion of the final seconds of the game 21-20.
Playoffs, man, they're wild.
Out to florence as the falcons host their first home playoff game since 2014!
They try to defend their turf against the mountain brook spartans from birmingham early on the spartans quarterback strother gibbs looks deep and finds his receiver in a one on one matchup.
Big time catch made and the spartans look to cash in near the endzone.
Next play, corbin peterson takes the handoff.
Runs into a huge pile and somehow bounces outside, finds some room and dives into the endzone!
Spartans up by a touchdown.
But florence would respond, its the man with plenty of d-1 offers, dee beckwith keeps it himself and turns on the jets....check out this run....73 yards for the touchdown!!!
In the end florence wins this one on a last second field goal 24-21!!
Falcons moving on.
The undefeated muscle shoals trojans look to keep their perfect season alive against albertville.
This one got ugly... fast.
Already up 33 to nothing at halftime the trojans return team starts the second half with a bang.
Jacob peters takes it 62 yards to the house.
And thats not all.
After albertville fumbled the ball... logan smothers finds a receiver in the back of the endzone for six.
Trojans... again not letting up, check this pass and catch in the endzone... too easy.
Trojans win big.....61-20!!
Trojans travel to gardendale next week.
Jackson bratton a big part of this muscle shoals team, steven dilsizian is with the bama commit now.
- it only took the warriors two plays to score... after an austin fumble, sam reynolds takes in a short carry, thompson up 7-0 - next possession, sawyer pate looks deep, finds ryan peppins wide open... 42 yard touchdown pass,,, a quick 14-0 advantage.
- austin back to punt, ej edwards comes in untouched for the easy block... gavin shipman jumps on the loose ball - the next play, pate throws to the front corner of the endzone, tre roberson brings it in for another score.
Thompson wins this one 54-20 hoover quarterback robby ashford broke his foot way back in early september... the future ole miss rebel made his return tonight as the bucs hosted sparkman.
-the q-b had four incompletions on the bucs first drive..
This one on fourth and five -but ashford would get things going on the next possession..
Hits ray hampton for the first down.
-few plays later, it's ashford to malik thomas in the end zone ..
Hoover up 7-0.
-nick sawyer scrambles... tries to get rid of the ball and it gets intercepted by kory chapman who breaks a tackle, stays on his feet until three guys take him down.
-ashford hooks up with thomas who made an acrobatic catch in the endzone for the t-d.
Hoover wins it 21-3 james clemens 21, vestavia hills 20 hoover 21, sparkman 3 thompson 54, austin 20 florence 24, mountain brook 21 we have more action next, where we'll check in with the reigning two a state champs, the fyffe red devils!